Plush Central & Redwood Terms & conditions
1. Age. Renter must be 25 years or older to sign contract. Renter must also send a copy of their drivers license to reserve booking.
2. Expectation. Owners shall not be responsible for supplying any of the following for the Event: food, beverages, dishes or eating utensils, napkins, cups. The Event Space shall be provided as-is and Owners make no warranty to Renter regarding the suitability of the Space for Renter’s intended use. Renter shall leave the Space in the same or similar condition as when Renter entered. Renter shall be responsible for any damage caused to the Space beyond ordinary wear and tear and shall be required to arrange for the repair of any such damage. In the event that Renter does not satisfactorily arrange for such repair, Owners shall be entitled to arrange for any necessary repairs at Renter’s expense. Renter shall reimburse Owners for any such repairs. Renter is to provide Owner with a $300 deposit to secure the event space, after having a consultation and completing initial questionnaire detailing the specs of the event. Upon final walk through, renter is to provide the $200 security deposit that will be refunded within 24 hours after an inspection of the venue, post event. If the venue is not in the same condition as given, the security deposit WILL NOT BE REFUNDED.
3. Time. The time rented includes time to load in, set up, load out, and clean up. Text/ call at the time of check-in and check out. Access instructions will be provided for self-check-in including private security code to the lock-box. Renter agrees not to share code or keys with attendees, other parties including caterers, entertainers, or others. Renters will leave the space as found with any garbage removed prior to check-out time. Renter must give at least at least a 2 hour notice if they want to extend their event time. Each additional hour will be $150 weekdays, $200 weekends. If you are not out after your allotted time, every additional 30 minutes is $50.
4. Alcohol and Music. Owners grant to Renter permission to provide and serve alcoholic beverages at the Event. Renter agrees to assume all responsibility for ensuring that no one underage is served alcohol and that all guests 21 and older who served alcohol drink responsibly. Renter agrees to be considerate of owners neighbors and modulate music volume accordingly. No outside speakers are allowed to be utilized without prior permission. Renter agrees to bring the sound to a soft listening level at 11:30 pm.
5. Clean-up. Renter acknowledges and agrees to load out all that was loaded in, to clean up space and leave in broom swept condition. Please place all garbage into black garbage bags and place them outside of the venue door upon exiting.
6. Restricted Activities. Renter agrees not to provide or allow lewd or indecent activities or entertainment on Owners’ property. Such activities or entertainment would include strippers and pornographic material and are strictly prohibited. Renter agrees not to have any weapons in the space, either their own or their guest. Renter agrees for guest to not have any alcoholic beverages outside of the venue, i.e. parking lot, in front of venue. No smoking is allowed within 25 feet of the venue. No fighting, or any criminal activity is permitted in the venue or in front of the venue. If any of these restricted activities occur, the owner has the right to end the event, ask the renter and guests to leave , and NO REFUNDS will be issued.
7. Right of Entry. Owners shall have the right to enter the Space at any time for any reasonable purpose, including any emergency that may threaten damage to Owners’ property, emergency repair work-related or not related to the rental of the Space, or injury to any person in or near the Space.
8. Indemnification. Renter hereby indemnifies and holds harmless Redwood Events & Plush Central from any damages, actions, suits, claims, or other costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or in connection with any damage to any property or any injury caused to any person (including death) caused by Renter’s use of the space, including any acts or omissions on the part of Renter, its employees, officers, directors, independent contractors, attendees, or other agents. Renter shall notify Owners of any damage or injury of which it has knowledge in, too, or near the Space, regardless of the cause of such damage or injury.
9. Permitted Use. Renter is authorized pursuant to the License to use the Space to hold the Event, and for no other purpose. Renter may not use the Space in any manner that may render the insurance for the Space or upon any of the Owners’ property void, or which may result in increased insurance premiums for Owners with respect to the Space or any other of Owners’ property.
10. Insurance and Liability. Special Event liability insurance is required for all renters and caterers. Established catering Services may use their license and insurance to cover this. The insurance must, at renter’s sole expense, provide and maintain public liability and personal property damage insurance, stating Owners as additional insureds, contractors and contracted vendors against all bodily injury, property damage, personal injury and other loss arising out of renter’s use and occupancy of the premises, or any other occupant on the premises, including appurtenances to the premises and sidewalks. The insurance required here under shall have a single limit liability of not less than $1 million, and general aggregate liability of not less than $2 million. The Owners shall be named as an additional insured of said policy. If alcohol is to be served please make sure that the policy includes Host liquor liability coverage to protect you against alcohol-related accidents, as you are ultimately liable for the safety of your guests. You must also include "waiver of subrogation" on the event insurance policy. Any caterers and/or outside vendors, companies, and/or institutions MUST provide a copy of their certificate of insurance and catering license to Owners as stated, and will be delivered at least 3 days prior to the event.
11. Compliance with Laws. Renter shall obtain and maintain any necessary permits, licenses, or other forms of permission necessary to use the Space according to the permitted uses set forth in a lawful manner. Renter shall not use the Space in any manner that would violate any established local, state, or federal laws.
12. Cancellation. If Renter notifies Owners 30 days or more before the Event Date Renter’s desire to cancel the Event, then Owners shall refund to Renter the full amount of the Rental Fee (including the full Deposit). Owners shall not be liable for any additional costs or damages suffered by Renter (over and above the Rental Fee) arising out of a cancellation of the Event. If the Event is cancelled within 30 days of the Event Date, Owners shall have the right to retain the full Deposit (if applicable) and Rental Fee, including for a weather-related cancellation. If renter would like to change the date that was originally booked, renter would have to pay the full amount for the next date in order to move forward.
13. Revocation. Owners shall have the right to revoke the License at any time prior to the Event Date, provided it gives Renter prior written notice of revocation. In the event that Owners revoke the License prior to the Event for reasons other than non-payment of fees or breach of this Agreement by Renter, Owners shall refund to Renter the full amount paid by Renter in connection with this agreement, including the full Deposit.
14. Assignment. Neither Party may assign or transfer their respective rights or obligations under this Agreement without prior written consent from the other Party. Except that if the assignment or transfer is pursuant to a sale of all or substantially all of a Party’s assets, or is pursuant to a sale of a Party’s business, then no consent shall be required. In the event that an assignment or transfer is made pursuant to either a sale of all or substantially all of the Party’s assets or pursuant to a sale of the business, then written notice must be given of such transfer with 10 days of such assignment or transfer.
Event Space Rental Agreement
This contract for the rental of Redwood Events is made this day, , by and between
(Redwood Event Owners) hereafter referred to as the OWNER, and , hereafter referred to as the RENTER.
Whereas, the RENTER desires to temporarily rent, occupy, and make use of the OWNER’S venue, located at
136 Empire Boulevard, Brooklyn, NY 11225 and known as Redwood Events, and
Whereas, the OWNER agrees to such rental, occupation, and use in consideration of certain payments and covenants herein enumerated;
Now, therefore, the parties agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. The Renter shall pay to the Owner the sum of $. Of this amount, $ is a non-refundable deposit due to at the time of booking and will be applied to rental charges. The remainder,
$, is due one week before the event. If full payment is not received within seven days before the event, the OWNER reserves the right to cancel your reservation and no refund will be given.
2. The RENTER agrees that all payments are non-refundable under any circumstances including cancellations by the RENTER. The OWNER agrees that if the cancellation is due to circumstances incurred by the OWNER or venue, all fees paid by RENTER will be refunded.
3. The RENTER agrees that all confirmed dates are final and rescheduling of dates are to be determined at the OWNER’S discretion for a fee of $175 due from the RENTER at the time of rescheduling.
4. The RENTER shall have access to and use of the venue from o’clock on , to o’clock on , for the purpose of hosting the RENTER’S event. OWNER shall provide to RENTER access to the venue no later than 1 hour before the event. The RENTER agrees to end at the specified start time above and be allotted 45 mins after the event ends for breakdown. The RENTER agrees that an additional $ will be charged if the event goes over the specified time on weekdays and $200 if the event goes over the specified time on weekends.
5. RENTER shall remove all personal property, trash, and other items that were not present in the venue when RENTER took control of it. This includes sweeping and breakdown of chairs and tables.
6. The RENTER can agree to and pay a breakdown and cleanup fee for an additional $ if they so choose. This fee would be added to the total amount due for the rental (OPTIONAL).
7. RENTER will be liable for any physical damages, legal actions, and/or loss of reputation or business opportunities that OWNER may incur as a consequence of the actions of RENTER or any of RENTER’S guests while RENTER is in control of the venue, and shall indemnify and hold harmless the OWNER against any and all legal actions which may arise from RENTER’S use of the venue.
8. RENTER agrees that NO glitter, tape on walls, lit candles, hookah, smoke or fire of any type are allowed in the venue. Painters tape is acceptable. An additional cleaning fee of $ will be added if this is violated and charged to the card on file or additional request source of payment if card is inactive.
9. RENTER agrees that a DJ can only be present if .
10. The RENTER agrees to maintaining a credit card on file during the entirety of the event to secure payment for any damages. The OWNER agrees to advise the RENTER of any damage charges before making a debit to the credit card on file. The RENTER agrees to provide another source of payment if credit card on file is not valid.
11. RENTER and OWNER agrees that the total price for the rental includes 4x4, and 5x5 tables, white folding chairs, and sound system.
12. RENTER has the option of choosing additional items to be provided by the OWNER such as color lighting, table cloths, chair covers and any other items needed to make your event amazing (OPTIONAL).
13. Any disputes arising under this contract shall be adjudicated in the Owner’s local jurisdiction.
In witness of their understanding of and agreement to the terms and conditions herein contained, the parties affix their signatures below.